Beginners Machine Knitting Day Course - Saturday 19th August 2017
Kate has written a day course to introduce you to machine knitting.
It aims to be a relaxed day and offers the opportunity to spend a day in the workshop in Cumbria.
The day will run from 10:30 - 4:30 and will cover:
- Starting and finishing a piece
- How the machine works, and different tools
- Shaping - increasing and decreasing
- Creating stripes
- Creating texture using hand techniques
- Blocking and pressing your knitting
- Linking panels of knit together
At the end of the day you should have a few panels of fabric to take away with you.
Machines and yarn provided! The workshop is taught on a table top domestic knitting machine, standard gauge.
Workshop is suitable as an introduction to machine knitting, as a refresher, or just as a fun course to take for pleasure.
Three places available. If you have a friend or two and wish to book another date instead, please get in touch.
Any queries or questions, don't hesitate to contact Kate on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: